Before you run /auctions, make sure to first
- Include authorization header.
- Provide product IDs (sponsored listings) or slotIDs (banners).
- Specify auction type (banner/listings) and number of responses (ad slots on page).
- Optional parameters for special use cases (category pages, location targeting, keywords) help select competing campaigns.
- Type: Choose between sponsored listings or banners.
- Product/Slot IDs: Provide product IDs (sponsored listings) or slot IDs (banners).
- Slots: Define the number of slots returned from auctions.
- Results object: Contains auction winners (up to 5).
- Each array item: Includes rank and Resolved Bid ID.
- Only active bids can win. Number of slots is an upper limit for winners; actual number may be less. Handle cases with no winners.
Avoid caching results
Don’t reuse auction results across users or page reloads.
Don’t cache results; cache product IDs for /auctions requests if needed.
Sample recipe for running an auction on a search page provided for Python and NodeJS.